My Hometown


My hometown has served me well over the past 15 years, but I'm ready to spread my wings and leave it too! Today I'm going to be sharing some of my favorite things about Cold Spring and the things I'm most excited to leave as I move on to college next year. I think my top favorite thing about my hometown is the bakery. I have so many fond memories of going there with my parents as a kid, and I've continued to go there as I've gotten older as well. I absolutely love their sprinkled cake donuts and almond cupcakes. I also enjoy all of the country roads surrounding it since I love to ride those in the summer on my motorcycle with my dad and the neighborhood biker gang. Being as I spent 1.5 years working at Teal's market, I feel as though I should mention it as a favorite since I don't know that my parents would have enjoyed driving any further to drop me off and pick me up from work. It's been super convenient being so close to my middle school and high school, so if I didn't have a ride to tennis back before I could drive, I could bike there. Being so close to 2 golf courses has also been nice, especially since I worked at one teaching lessons over the summer. A huge plus of this town is that the few things it has to offer are all within a 10 minute drive, so nothing is too far away. Although I've loved this town throughout the years, its become more apparent as I get older that I belong in a bigger city. I'm most excited to move on and lose the cramped feeling of Stearns county. I can't wait to have more resources around me, and the chance to surround myself with others like me. Its not very likely that I'll miss getting stuck behind tractors on roads or hearing about all the hype of fishing or hunting opener. I do have to admit I do like checking out the trucks and wearing hick boots on a regular basis hehe. As much as I've loved this small little of hometown of mine

, I think I'll love leaving it even more. Thank you Cold Spring, its been good.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts